Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wiggle Worm

Meeka hasn't seen her fair share of school this week.

Monday was President's Day-- No School.

Tuesday Mayzie felt sick and opted to stay home.  

Meeka, mysteriously, was sick as well.

Well, not really but she wanted to miss kindergarten.

In our home you only opt to stay home from school if staying in bed all day actually sounds inviting, because the rule in this house is:  
You stay home, you stay in bed.  
ALL day long.

Miraculously at 10am, Mayzie was well.  She went to school.  Imagine that!!

Meeka, on the other hand, stayed home.
And stayed in bed.  All day long.

We checked on her a few times, and of course invited her to eat lunch with us, but she didn't complain once.  Each time we checked on her, even by surprise, she was there, quietly laying in bed, not sleeping, not reading, no radio, just the bed and the girl.  She never tried to wiggle her way out of our "stay home, stay in bed" policy.  

If anything, she is obedient.  In the extreme.

Wednesday was a half day.  Parent-Teacher Conferences.

She'll be repeating Kindergarten.  Too shy, shy.

She spent Wednesday helping me finish planting the potato patch.  It was such a joy.  I thought I would get a kick out of all day kindergarten.  I really, truly, do not.  

Today was another half day, conferences for someone else.  And then it was play time.  Meeka couldn't wait to get home and help me in the garden.  We pulled weeds, planted seeds, and made friends with a

We quickly remembered this bit of pre-winter gardening knowledge:
When you hold a wiggle worm,

It's only the beginning of Spring planting, but I'm sure there will be many more adventures for

5 comments:

Elena said...

Oh what a little sweetheart she is! Kate is sitting here with me and just yelled, "Meeka! Those are dangerous!" (Talking about the worm. she has a major snake phobia.) LOLLL!!

hope said...

How fun!! We are just getting to our garden here. We are doing more raised beds this year as that seems to help with the weed control, and will hopefully help us be a little more fruitful this year.

I lvoe spending halfdays with kiddos. I wish there were more!

DeANNA said...

I LOVE YOUR RULE FOR STAY AT HOME KIDDOS. I WISH I HAD TO USE THAT EXEPT MY KIDS HAVE YET TO LEARN HOW TO FAKE SICK AND EVERYTIME THEY STAY HOME ALL THEY REALLY DO IS LAY IN BED AND SLEEP. I THINK JAX ACTUALLY HIT A RECORD LAST WEEK WITH HIS EAR AND SINUS INFECTIONS... 22 HOURS IN BED WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A GROAN.

I AM SURE MEEKA WILL LOVE KINDERGARTEN AT SCHOOL WITH MAYZIE. WE ARE THINKING OF TESTING THE PUDGIE MAN IN EARLY... WELL, I TAKE THAT ALL BACK. WE ARE TESTING, AND BY WE I MEAN TOMMY, ARE TESTING HIM FOR KINDERGARTEN IN MAY. I HAVE MY OPINIONS ON THIS BUT I AM BEING OUTRULED BY HIS TEACHERS, HIS BROTHER, HIS SITER (ONE OF HIS TEACHERS) AND HIS FATHER. GOTTA PICK AND CHOOSE MY BATTLES AROUND HERE!!!

Jamie Y said...

I like your stay home stay in bed rule, I tried it once but was too much of a softy....next time!

Carol said...

I think I will use your rule next time. Awesome blog, Trish. I love it a lot!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin