- Taste of Home asked on facebook today, what everyone's favorite lunchbox cookie is. I answered "Rootbeer Cookies". I was inundated by requests to post the recipe, so here it is! Enjoy!
Trish's Rootbeer Float Cookies
Yields 5 dozen cookies that taste just like their liquid cousins!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon half-n-half or cream
2 teaspoons softened butter
1 teaspoon root beer extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all but the flour, soda, and salt together.
3. Separately mix flour, soda, salt and then gradually add to other ingredients.
4. Drop by teaspoons 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
6. Let cool completely before frosting.
7. For frosting, beat all ingredients together until smooth.
8. Frost completely cooled cookies and allow to dry before stacking in a container.
9. These will stay good in your air-tight container on the counter all week long... but you'll likely devour them before then. ;)