Friday, April 29, 2011

Zingerade

With lemons and limes incredibly cheap right now, I decided to make up some homemade lemon-limeade.  It's so simple and good, and takes but a few minutes for a treat far superior to that which comes in containers of dyed pink or yellow powder.  I like a 2-1 ratio of lemons to limes, but this recipe works perfectly as an orangeade, limeade, tangerineade, etc.  Squeeze, blend, sip, enjoy.


Trish's Zingerade


1/2 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup citrus juice (fresh squeezed is best)
2 quarts ice water
frozen raspberries, optional
sprigs of mint or lemon slices for garnish



  1. Dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1/2 cup water over medium heat in heavy saucepan until sugar completely melts and light syrup forms.  Set in fridge to begin cooling, if desired.
  2. Juice enough citrus to make 1 cup of fresh juice.  I used 3 lemons and 2 limes in mine today.
  3. In pot or pitcher that will hold several cups more than 2 quarts, combine ice water, juice, and syrup.  Stir until completely blended.
  4. Pour into glasses.  Frozen berries may be used in place of ice to add flavor, color, and spunk!

Taking pictures of lemonade can have its quirks.






 Well, they may think the lemons are too sour,
but the lemonade?  It was perfect.

6 comments:

Carla said...

Great post!

Jamie Y. said...

Yum, yum, yum!! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to make this!

Grams said...

Looks delicious. I love homemade lemonade.

Stopping by from SITS. Have a great weekend.

Deidre said...

YUM! looks delicious.

My boyfriend and I are going to pick our first lemon today! I am so excited.

Lisa said...

Love your photos! I just bought some lemons and limes, now I'm feeling like I should make some lemonade. Great post! Oh, I'm here from SITS. : )

Irene said...

Hello Trish,
Here from SITS. I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your article on gardening. We just began planting our garden and the advice and encouragement is realy helpful. I'll make sure I try the lemonade, too!
All the best to you and your family.
P.S. I'm also your newest follower:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin